- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 16-ounce package of seitan strips or chunks of seitan cut into strips
(try Lightlife Steak Style Strips)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups vegetarian barbeque sauce
- 4 sandwich rolls
- hot sauce to taste
- garnish: lettuce, tomato, green pepper, if desired
Drain seitan and set aside.
Sauté the onion in vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat until
Add seitan, and cook until lightly browned, stirring often. Add barbeque sauce,
reduce to medium heat, and cook, stirring every 5 minutes, until the barbeque
sauce has thickened to completely coat the seitan (about 30 to 45 minutes).
Add hot sauce to taste. Spread seitan mixture on rolls and garnish, if desired.
- 1 lb (16 oz) pasta
- 2 cups vanilla soy/rice milk
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- * 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise® or Nayonaise®)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Cook pasta and drain. In a large bowl, combine pasta and all other ingredients.
Mix thoroughly and enjoy.
For variety, mix in one cup of steamed vegetables, such as broccoli or peas.
*optional, but recommended for creamier meal
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, pressed (see instructions below) and
torn into small, bite-sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup green or red bell peppers
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise or Nayonaise)
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley (dried or fresh)
To press the tofu, unwrap and shake off any excess moisture. Place the tofu in a freezer bag or wrap well in plastic. Freeze the sealed tofu for at least 24 hours. (Frozen tofu can keep in the freezer indefinitely, so feel free to always have a few blocks on-hand in the freezer.)
Once frozen, thaw the tofu by placing it—unwrapped—into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl and microwave* on high, checking every 2 to 3 minutes to make sure the tofu doesn’t cook. Once thoroughly defrosted, gently squeeze out any excess moisture.
Put the pressed, bite-sized tofu in a bowl and mix well with the remaining ingredients. Add additional spices, as desired. Serve in a sandwich, with crackers, or topping a green salad.
* If you don’t use a microwave, frozen tofu can be thawed by putting
it in a pan of boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes. Alternatively, transfer the
frozen tofu from the freezer to the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 1/2 cups tomato purée
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dry textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- vegan buns or bread
Sauté the onion and green peppers in the olive oil in a large skillet
until soft and lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients
except the bread and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often. Serve
warm in burger buns or over bread.
- 8 ounces pasta spirals or macaroni
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup dry textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can kidney, pinto, or black beans, including liquid
- 1 15-ounce can corn, including liquid
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Cook the pasta until tender. Drain and rinse under hot water, then set aside.
Heat 1/2 cup of water in a large pot, then add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and 1/2 cup of water. Stir to mix, then simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the cooked pasta and taste-test the spices. Add more chili powder if a
spicier dish is desired.
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise® or Nayonaise®)
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon stoneground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
Combine the mashed tofu with the green onions, vegan mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, cumin, turmeric, and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly.
Spread on whole wheat bread and garnish with lettuce and tomato slices.
- 5 ounces washed spinach leaves
- 2 10-ounce cans mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, pine nuts, or crushed almonds
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and serve immediately.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 12 oz. Tofurky Chorizo
- 14 oz. can tomato juice
- 1 lg. potato, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup peas
- Steamed rice for serving
Cook onion in oil in large sauté pan over medium heat until translucent. Add Chorizo, tomato juice, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are tender, adding a little water if the liquid evaporates too quickly. Stir in the peas and heat through. Adjust seasoning and serve over steamed rice.
Freezing the tofu first gives it a chewier texture. Press the block of tofu to remove some of the moisture and then wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze overnight. Defrost the tofu and press out more of the moisture before using.
- 2 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 8 oz. wide rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 – 5 Thai chili peppers, sliced, depending on spice preference
- 2 Tbsp. green peppercorns
- 7 oz. extra firm tofu, frozen then defrosted, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup holy basil or Thai basil, roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
Mix together sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Cook noodles, making sure not to overcook.
Meanwhile, fry garlic, chili peppers, and peppercorns in oil on medium-high heat until garlic begins to brown. Add tofu and fry gently on all sides. Add sauce and stir fry until sauce thickens slightly. Add onion, carrots, and mushrooms and stir fry for 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. If needed, add a few tablespoons of water to help the cooking process. Add noodles and gently stir fry until they are coated and absorb the sauce, adding water if the pan gets too dry. Turn off heat and stir in basil and tomato.
Vegan Sausage Quiche
6 – 8 servings
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup vegan margarine (such as Earth Balance)
- ¼ cup soy milk
Vegan Sausage Filling:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg. ground vegan sausage (such as Gimme Lean Ground Sausage)
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 12 oz. pkg. silken tofu
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Blend flour and salt in a food processor. Add the margarine pieces and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the soy milk and blend until combined and dough begins to form. It will still be crumbly.
- Dump dough onto sheet of plastic wrap and form dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll dough out to larger than size of pie pan and press into pan. Keep refrigerated until ready to fill.
Make Sausage Filling:
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the sausage, breaking up large chunks, and sauté a few minutes more until it begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
Make Eggy Filling:
- Combine tofu, soy milk, mustard, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place sausage and onion filling in bottom of prepared pie crust. Pour eggy filling over top to fill pie crust.
- Bake at 375⁰F for approximately 45 minutes until filling is set and browned – the surface of the filling will appear to have some cracks.
- Remove from oven and rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
Breakfast | Lunch
| Dinner | Sauces,
Snacks & Sides
Soups & Chilis | Desserts & Drinks
| Faux Gras | Award-winning Grilled Cheese Sandwich